Friday, September 16, 2005

OK, to be more specific about why I like the Gorillaz video as much as I do, though I'm past the infatuation period at this exact moment, my friend (N) was buds with De La Soul way back when and he has since told me Posdnous had his brain connected somewhat. To see them again in this video makes me feel all cockled, as in my cockeles (of my heart) are all looking airbrushy right now. I also love the idea of animators creating videos, and I suspect this _is_ the future in a big way. Linkin Park is part of the trend toward this way, though their Numb/Encore production is way more instructive then they are as a band as such. Both hip-hop and Rap will be integrated into music, and more importantly is multimedia, which is to say videos will become more key than anything. Lesson here is from "Mark Romanek's "Closer", which is kinda maybe the best video ever, but which also showed the way toward videos which make the songs premanently better even just listening to them. Feel Good Inc. has this quality also.

Assuming I ever formed a band, which I wouldn't, I would absolutely ask an animator to be in my band, like, pronto. If they have musical talent (a la Mr. Hahn) then great. If they don't, um who cares? I need someone who c an bring the visual noise, and let's be honest, Jamie Hewlett may have significant musical skill or not, and I have no idea personally, but visually, he's near the head of the class of people who can make shit look aw3some. *

*intentional in terms of attempt to propogate a meme. It may not be reaching the right people, which is problematic, but this will tell me something, anyway.

2 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 10:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10/29/2005 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

you know what's really awesome? SPLOGS? This is not one of those in general and when I can figure out how to fix this this will never again be one of those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home