Monday, September 05, 2005

More on Spartan, alas. And also more on personal intent. I will defend movies that are about defending girls with my life - though if those girls happen to kick ass, that's even better. Films with insanely intensely scripted dialouge, I'll love also. Continuity is a huge plus, but not key for me forming a relationship with that movie.

I guess, point is, I _Really liked Spartan a lot, as in maybe my favorite of that year lot and maybe even into my ten best movies ever sort of lot. It is _so_ sharp. I wish Mamet could be a better director of film, but his direction of actors deserves plaudits aplenty. His work here somehow borders between brlliant and fucking sterling as regards actor-handling, and that's keeping in mind that I have always liked Val Kilmer quite a bit (I think he was the actual protagonist in Top Gun though I also like Tom Cruise as an actor that makes excellent choices). Quite the sausage factory mess that I created for myself with that statement, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home