Thursday, September 01, 2005

A statement of Intent of sorts:

The intent is that this is the sucessor of the old blog which was an extension of the old blog though in this case the intent is to get more disciplined, as in, only write about things directly related to A&E. That said, we need to get a few things out front as early as possible:

1) I don't much care about men. They do scale in terms of regard but on a far more even level than women do:

2) Actresses, for me, occupy a special place in my universe. They are all on the "regard" scale, alas. And on the bright side for them, it is almost impossible for them to fall on the "regard" scale.

There is no non-bright side as far as I know. Examples of women that enjoy incredible regard: Jennifer Connely, Sarah Silverman, Any Twin Peaks sex kitten (Madchen Amick, Lara Flynn Boyle, Sherilyn Fenn, Heather Graham, Moira Kelly, and Joan Chen), and Maggie Gyllenhaal. Why I adore them so is a weird combination of prettiness and smartness and willingness to choose good roles. Prettiness alone is not adequate even a bit.

Emma Thompson, for example, and she is profoundly pretty, but, shall we say a bit more wise than her colleagues in my standings, has extremely high regard. The profoundly untalented though certainly extremely pretty Kate Hudson on the other hand has the exact opposite of regard. Her regard level closes in on negative. And I said people can never lose regard - I was wrong.

Anyhow, that's how my actress (and to much lesser a level, my actor) thing works.

The reason this then comes up for me is that whilst I reallly didn't like Tiffani Amber Theissen at all, her Fastlane work is pretty awesome and so she has gained x number of points as regards regard. Though in all fairness, Peter Facinelli (who I would swear is Tom Cruise's brother were I not to know it isn't true) and Bill Bellami are recieving about 50% of those points as well, as s McG for producing the damn thing and directing the one shot I loved the most from the series.

1 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 06:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Enjoyed it tremendously.

All the best,

Jon

hosting best web hosting .com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home